VHF Tower and Beams
Updated 27-Sep-2018 12:52
VHF Yagis for 6m thru 1296 MHz are shown here mounted on a 2 inch OD aluminum mast in the HG52SS cranked up to about 50 feet.
The antennas from bottom to top are:
· 6 m, 50 MHz, 5 elements: Cushcraft A505S upgraded to K1WHS design 5 el on 17 foot boom August 2018 (picture far right below)
· 2 m, 146 MHz, 4 elements: Vertically Polarized Beam for 2 Meter FM Operation, Unknown Manufacturer
· 2 m, 144 MHz, 15 elements: W1JR prototype JR Boomer, a Cushcraft modified to have triple reflectors
· 222 MHz, 13 elements: Unknown manufacturer, similar to Cushcraft.
· 33 cm, 903 MHz, 33 loop elements: Microwave Associates
As of early September 2008, just in time for the ARRL Sept VHF QSO Party, the Tristao (Telex Hy-Gain) HG52SS 52 ft crank-up tilt-over tower was up.
My thanks to VO1HP for sharing his ideas on how to put up an HG52SS tower.
Crank Up Motorization Added 28-Oct-2011